Emotions and Diabetes - Are you Depressed?
Are you Depressed?
By Nina Nazor
How to Find Out
if You Are Depressed
Some of the most common symptoms of depression
are the following:
· Persistent sadness or "emptiness"
Feelings of hopelessness
· Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
· Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that you used to enjoy
Decreased energy, fatigue
· Difficulty concentrating, remembering
Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
· Appetite and/or
weight loss or overeating and weight gain
· Thoughts of death or suicide
· Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond
to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain.
five or more of these signs and symptoms are present every day for two weeks interfering with your daily activities, you must
seek immediate medical attention.
If you believe you are depressed
please seek medical help right away.